Rite of Confirmation
The Sacrament of Confirmation confers special graces of the Holy Spirit upon the person being confirmed just as such graces were granted to the Apostles on Pentecost. Like Baptism, it can only be performed once; confirmation increases and deepens all of the graces granted at Baptism. Each confirmand must have been baptized and in the state of grace. As a successor to the apostles, upon whom the Holy Spirit descended at Pentecost the First confirmation, the bishop is the minister of confirmation. The Church stresses this connection of confirmation, through the bishop, to the ministry of the apostles. The 8th graders of the Parish School of Religion and St. Joseph School will be prepared to be receive this Sacrament at a scheduled Mass in the Spring of 2019. Service hours, a service essay and attendance at a confirmation retreat are among the requirements. The Saint Joseph confirmation retreat is scheduled for March 8-10, 2019. at The Pines Catholic Camp in Big Sandy, Texas.
What we ask of parents:
- Attend weekly Sunday Mass with your child.
- Make sure that your child faithfully attends Confirmation through PSR.
- Encourage your child to frequent the Sacraments of Holy Communion and Confession.
- Support your child in selecting an appropriate sponsor, selecting a Confirmation sat, completing service hours, and attending the Confirmation Retreat.
- Submit a copy of your child’s certificate for Baptism and First Communion.
What we ask of the confirmandi:
- Baptism in the Catholic Faith and First Communion
- Weekly attendance of Sunday Mass
- Frequent the Sacraments of Confession and Holy Eucharist
- Faithful attendance of formation for confirmation through PSR
- Select a confirmation saint and complete 20 service hours
- Attendance of the confirmation retreat at The Pines
To register your child for confirmation, click here.
To pay the $130 confirmation fee, click here.
- Confirmation Parents’ Meeting: October 7, 2018
- Confirmation Retreat March 8-10, 2019
- Confirmation Rehersal tentative date: May 10, 2019
- Confirmation Mass tentative date (pending diocesan approval): May 11, 2019